Zirconia ceramics, (chemical formula: ZrO2) ceramics, also known as tough ceramics, because its characteristics determine its use, zirconia ceramics have high melting point and boiling point, high strength, high hardness, strong toughness, excellent wear resistance , It is an insulator at room temperature and other excellent properties, and has a wide range of applications.
1. Zirconia ceramics are widely used in 3C electronic fields such as mobile phones because of their advantages of no signal shielding, anti-drop, wear resistance, anti-folding, warm and smooth appearance, and good hand feel. Mainly used as mobile phone backplane, screen plate and other mobile phone structural parts.
2. Compared with metal, zirconia ceramic has better wear resistance, smooth surface, good texture and no oxidation. Famous Swiss brands such as Radar, Apple and Chanel have all launched high-end ceramic watches.
3. At present, ceramic ferrules and sleeves are widely used in optical fiber connectors. Ceramic ferrules made of high-strength, high-toughness ceramics not only meet high precision requirements, but also have a long service life with extremely low insertion and return losses.
4. Because of its high toughness, high hardness, wear resistance, acid and alkali resistance and good biocompatibility, zirconia ceramics are widely used in the biomedical field as dental (dental porcelain) and surgical tools.
5. Zirconia ceramics have a small thermal conductivity and a relatively large thermal expansion coefficient, so the components used to manufacture the engine combustion chamber have good thermal insulation properties and are close to metal materials in terms of thermal expansion. Can be used as cylinder head bottom plate, cylinder liner, piston top, valve seat ring, etc. However, due to the harsh engine operating conditions, the strength of ceramic components varies greatly at high temperatures, so they are still some distance away from commercial applications.
6. High-precision ceramics and precious metal alloy powders are mixed and fired, and polished by several precise and strict processes and multiple machines, shining like natural gemstones with brilliant and colorful light, which can be made into various decorations and finally integrated into jewelry design. This ceramic is not only lightweight and wear-resistant, but also has anti-allergic characteristics and is comfortable to wear. It is one of the most fashionable jewelry materials and is favored by major jewelry brands.
7. Zirconia ceramics have good mechanical properties, wear resistance and corrosion resistance, and can be used as ceramic bearings or ceramic tools. At the same time, zirconia ceramics are weakly acidic oxides, which can resist the erosion of acidic or neutral slag (but will be eroded by alkaline slag), and can be made into metallurgical refractory crucibles. The characteristics of high strength, high toughness and corrosion resistance of zirconia ceramics also make it have certain applications in petroleum, chemical, mechanical, aviation and other fields.
8. The application of plasma sprayed zirconia thermal barrier coating in aviation and industrial gas turbines has made great progress, and has been used in the turbine part of gas turbines to a certain extent. Since this coating can reduce the temperature of air-cooled high-temperature components by 50~200 °C, it can significantly improve the durability of high-temperature components, or allow to increase the gas temperature or reduce the amount of cooling gas required to keep the temperature to which the high-temperature components are subjected. changes, thereby increasing the efficiency of the engine. ,
9. Because zirconia has high refractive index, high melting point and strong corrosion resistance, it is used as raw material for kiln industry. Piezoelectric ceramic products include filters, speakers, ultrasonic underwater acoustic detectors, etc. There are also daily-use ceramics (industrial ceramic glazes), zirconium bricks and zirconium tubes for precious metal smelting. Nano-sized zirconia can also be used as a matrix material for polishing agents, abrasive particles, piezoelectric ceramics, precision ceramics, ceramic glazes and high-temperature pigments.
10. In addition, zirconia can be used in the manufacture of incandescent gas lampshades, enamels, white glass, refractory crucibles, etc. X-ray photography. Abrasive material. Together with yttrium, it is used to manufacture light source lamps in infrared spectrometers, thick film circuit capacitor materials, and piezoelectric crystal transducer formulations.
In general, the application of zirconia ceramics is very extensive. The main applications of zirconia are: induction heating tubes, refractory materials, heating elements, grinding balls, dispersing and grinding media, nozzles, ball valve seats, zirconia molds, micro fan shafts Cores, optical fiber ferrules, optical fiber sleeves, drawing dies and cutting tools, wear-resistant knives, clothing buttons, watch cases and straps, bracelets and pendants, ball bearings, golf light bats and other room temperature wear parts etc.
Huamin Ceramics Technology Co., Ltd. is a manufacturer specializing in precision ceramic processing. Huamin Ceramics provides full-process services from mold development, sintering, finishing, etc., strictly controls ingredients and uses specific processes to make finished products to meet customer-specific requirements. The main processing ceramic materials: alumina, zirconia, aluminum nitride, silicon nitride, Macor can process glass ceramics and other processing parts. Service areas: mechanical equipment, electronic appliances, medical equipment, petrochemical, aerospace and other fields.